Seeking Experienced Counsellor
Location: Opportunities in Leeds City Centre Office and/or remote working
Hours: Full-time or Part-time
Qualification: Post-graduate diploma or masters in counselling or psychotherapy and 2 years post qualification relevant experience
Registration: British Association for Councilling and Psychotherapy (BACP) UK Council for Psychotherapy (UKCP)
We are seeking a qualified Counsellor to join Mable Therapy. You will work individually and as part of a team to make a difference to the lives of adults working in schools.
The successful candidate will provide a professional and confidential counselling service to teachers, teaching support and administration staff. With a focus on promoting their welfare, personal care and building their resilience to help them cope with the difficulties they face.
Mable Therapy is an award-winning Teletherapy service combining cutting-edge technology with specialist therapists to provide exceptional service.
- Deliver assessment, therapy and training using Mable video technology.
- Provide client led assessment and counselling support in a safe and supportive environment
- Offer a range of suitable therapeutic approaches to teachers, support staff and administration staff, in a calm and safe space.
- Be accountable for own professional actions and recognise own professional boundaries, seeking advice from senior colleagues as appropriate.
- Develop professional skills in line with current local and national policies.
- Liaise with other colleagues across a range of statutory and non-statutory agencies as appropriate to the client.
- Passion and drive for clinical excellence.
- An independent drive for change and demonstrated use of initiative.
- Ability to assess suitability for telephone and e-counselling
- Knowledge of psychological processes relevant to offering telephone and online counselling
- Ability to identify and manage risk when telephone and online counselling
- Ability to communicate with clients when telephone and online counselling
- Ability to manage endings within the therapeutic relationship
- Using asynchronous text-based communication (e.g. email, message boards)
- Knowledge of the culture of internet communities
- Ability to direct clients to supplementary online therapeutic resources
- Supervision of telephone and online counselling
- Competitive salary based on the level of experience and expertise
- Support with case management
- Central Leeds city centre office; 5 minutes walk from the station
- Opportunities to travel internationally
- Social events and supportive team
- For further information about the role please email email@example.com
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly known as CRB) to check for any previous criminal convictions