We’ve featured all of our most frequently asked questions, so we can cover all of your queries and help you get to know Mable. Still have more questions? Head over to the Contact Us page and get in touch with one of our friendly Therapists for more info.

Why do I need a Specialist Speech and Language Therapist?

All Mable therapists are qualified to assess and treat a range of communication difficulties. These include 

  1. Language delay and disorder
  2. Autistic spectrum conditions
  3. Speech sound difficulties

We will always try to match clients to a therapist that has the most clinical expertise in their area of need. We have a large network of therapists, some with extra training in deafness and hearing impairment, social communication, behavioural difficulties, SEMH and much more.

Which areas do you serve?

We work throughout the UK. We are able to service anywhere there is an internet connection. We also work in British and Irish international Schools globally. Unfortunately, we are unable to provide therapy to pupils in the United states – but watch this space.

How much does it cost?

Mable works on a credit basis, you pay for credits in advance and then exchange them for pupil screening, assessment, and therapy sessions.

  • Assessment session – 4 credits.
  • Therapy session – 1 credit.

One credit costs £40 and will provide:

  • 20-25 minute intensive therapy session for one pupil.
  • An accompanying report which will explain in detail the progress that has been made and any areas of difficulty that require further therapeutic intervention.
  • Follow-up activities for teaching staff.
  • Integrated CPD.
  • Whole school financial tracking.

Do pupils need to have an NHS assessment before starting Mable?

No, if you have concerns about the communication of one of your pupils you can start Mable straight away. You must gain parental consent before discussing specific details about a pupil with us but your welcome to give us a call and talk to a therapist straight away about the needs in your school. We are also very happy to work alongside NHS practitioners as required. 

  • Call us on 0800 024 8646

How many sessions will pupils need?

Following an assessment, we will send you a draft provision map with an estimate of sessions required in order to meet initial targets. However, until we know more about your pupils’ difficulties;  their learning style and their speed of progression it is difficult to say how many sessions they will require in order to reach their full potential. Good communication between parents, school and other practitioners as well as regular assessment will allow your therapist to give you a good idea of prognosis. 

What qualifications do Mable therapists have?

Mable therapists have a Bachelor’s degree or Masters degree in Speech and Language Pathology and Therapy. In line with UK standards, all of our therapists are registered with the Health Care Professionals Council and the Royal College of Speech and Language Therapists.  Mable therapists have a minimum of 2 years experience working with children and young people and have an up-to-date enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) certificate.

But you’re a business, will you tell me pupils need therapy even if they don’t?

At Mable, we comply with the high Standards of Conduct, Performance, and Ethics set by the Health Professionals Council. We treat our customers with care, respect, and professionalism and communicate openly and honestly at every stage of the process. It is unethical to provide speech and language interventions to pupils who do not require it. We will not give you advice we cannot support with robust clinical reasoning.

What equipment do I need?

To get started with Mable at home you will need a desktop computer or laptop with a camera and a microphone. You will also need at least 5 Meg broadband connection.

You can take the Mable tech test here to check everything is working OK. Computers on school networks will need to unblock the Mable URLs, the tech team at Mable can help with this.

What do I do if I want to change my therapist?

While every care is taken at initial assessment to match your pupils to the right therapist, we don’t always get it right. If you would like a different therapist, we won’t be offended, just give us a call and we can discuss your requirements and look at finding you a better fit for you and your school needs.

School Firewall Settings

You will need to unblock a few URL’s for able to work in your school, just send this page to your IT team, he will know what to do. https://mabletherapy.com/mable-it-guide/ 

To test your firewalls have been opened correctly, you can run this test here: https://tokbox.com/developer/tools/precall/