Experienced Speech and Language Therapist Required.
Band 6 or experienced Band 5
Leeds City Centre Location
Salary 24,000 – 34,000
About Mable Therapy
Mable Therapy is a small fast-growing company based in Leeds that provides Speech, Language and communication assessment and intervention in person and via Telepractice.We are a small team with big ambitions who are passionate about delivering a clinically excellent and highly accessible service.
We are looking for a hard worker and a keen contributor, somebody who shares our passion for excellence and is confident in expressing their view.
- Deliver Speech and Language Therapy evaluations and interventions in person and using our bespoke online platform.
- Collaborate closely with the software development team to improve the quality and standard of service delivery.
- Develop your clinical skills in a preferred area with the support of a team of experienced specialist Speech and Language Therapists
- Liaise with teaching staff and local authorities, schools and parents carers and social services.
- Deliver assessment, therapy and training using Mable Telepractice technology.
- Provide a specialist service to children attending a mainstream school with Speech, Language and communication needs (SLCN)
- Work closely with parents, carers, and staff to enable children to develop their speech, language and communication skills and to access the curriculum
- Provide advice to others regarding the management and care of children with communication difficulties.
- Be accountable for own professional actions and recognise own professional boundaries, seeking advice from senior colleagues as appropriate.
- Have well-developed specialist skills in a specialist area of SLCN within the broad range of speech, language and communication needs to be encountered within the caseload of school-aged children
- Liaise with other colleagues across a range of statutory and non-statutory agencies.
- Qualified Speech and Language Therapist, registered with the Health and Care Professions Council.
- Band 5/6 therapist with a minimum of 2 years experiences working with primary or secondary mainstream caseload.
- Experience with a variety of communication disorders.
- Ability to build rapport with patients.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Positive and enthusiastic attitude.
- Passion for clinical excellence.
- Ability to communicate effectively with the software development team to further improve the quality and standard of the application.
- Knowledge of software testing and bug reporting
Mable therapy offers a comprehensive employee benefits program, including:
- 28 days paid holiday allowance
- Generous pension scheme
- Use of company car
- Regular social events
- Free healthy snacks and drinks
- Fully stocked beer fridge
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly known as CRB) to check for any previous criminal convictions