What will you learn?
Anxiety can be seen in every classroom and for those students suffering, school life can feel overwhelming. In these modules, Kemi looks at how to support these students, offering practical strategies and techniques. You’ll also learn the theory behind anxiety and why some students are more at risk. Kemi explains how to work with parents to support vulnerable students, as well as how to develop a whole-school approach to overcoming anxiety.
2. Differentiating between a worry & anxiety
3. Addressing worries before they escalate
4. Definition & cause of anxiety
5. The anxiety cycle & what it looks like in children
6. Working collaboratively with parents to support the child’s anxiety
7. Creating a safe & whole school approach to support children
8. Practical tips & strategies to support children with anxiety
Mable members can login here to watch the full course.
MBACP Child and Adolescent Therapist
Kemi Omijeh has over 12 years experience working with children and young people as a teacher and children’s counsellor. As well as counselling children individually and in group sessions, Kemi also delivers mental health training to parents and schools. She believes passionately that mental health education is the key to improving young people’s emotional wellbeing.