0800 024 8646

English as an Additional Language (EAL) or a Speech, Language and Communication Need (SLCN)?

Teaching children with English as an additional language (EAL) is not new for schools in the UK, but it still presents challenges for lots of teachers. Children with EAL are also just as likely as their monolingual peers to have a speech, language or communication difficulty.
autism assessment

My Child is going for an Autism Assessment - What are the Professional Looking For?

If your child has been referred for an Autism assessment, it can be daunting. It is difficult to know what professionals are looking for. Usually, it is because there are concerns about their ability to interact and communicate like other children that are the same age.

How do I get a referral to a Speech Therapist?

Sometimes, a health visitor can say that slower language development is normal and they will catch up. However, if you think your child’s speech is not progressing as fast, and you are worried, there are a couple of things we would recommend you try, to fast track a referral to a Speech Therapist.

When will he catch up? - Language Delay in the Early Years.

Understanding the process of speech and language development can help to ease anxieties over your child’s late development. It will also help identify whether or not you child has language delay and what are the right strategies to support your child.